March 2017 at Autumn’s Promise!
Thank you to all who attended the Dessert Party in February. There was a wonderfully delicious selection of sweets! It was very nice to have some time to talk and to get to know some of our newer families.
This Month in Activities….
Residents will be exploring the country of Ireland through geography, slide shows of its attractions and beautiful country side and learning about traditions and history. On the lighter side, we will be doing many craft and cooking activities with an Irish or St. Patricks Day theme. If there is anyone that has been to Ireland that is interested in presenting some information or pictures to our Residents, please call Bethany and we will schedule your visit.
A study of Israel and the Holy Land is planned for the Month of April. Ginger will be presenting a slide show and other information during the month from a recent trip. If anyone else has made this same type of journey and would like to share their experience, you are welcome to attend. In addition, we are asking that if you or anyone you know would like to share about a trip or adventure you have experienced, that you contact Bethany and let her know your ideas and when you are available. We would love to have a different presenter every month and explore as many different countries and states as possible!
03/13 — Jeff Goza
03/25 — Adeline Phillips
Saint Patrick’s Day Trivia
- St. Patrick was not born in Ireland, he was born in Great Britain.
- 1st St. Patrick’s Day parade was not held in Ireland, it was held in Boston.
- Chicago dyes the main river green every year on March 17th.
- Leprechauns are actually fairies/shoe makers in Irish Folklore.
- There are more Americans of Irish origin than there are actual people in Ireland.
- For every one 4 leaf clover …. You will find 10,000 more 3 leaf clovers.