This Easter season, celebrate traditions and new life with seniors
As one of the leading assisted living facilities in Green Bay, Autumn’s Promise ensures residents have every opportunity to enjoy life to the fullest
Regardless of religious beliefs, the Easter season is a great time to embrace the new life and rebirth that comes this time of year. It’s also the perfect opportunity to reconnect with family and friends and to observe Easter traditions. At Autumn’s Promise, we know how important it is for our residents to continue living the life they loved before requiring professional care, so we do everything possible to assist.
Autumn’s Promise always has a variety of on-site activities planned, from games and dance lessons to painting classes. Spring and Easter-themed crafts are always a hit with residents.
As you prepare to celebrate Easter, there are many ways to incorporate a senior loved one in the festivities, including:
- Color or decorate eggs. Seniors can participate in Easter egg decorating by coloring designs on hardboiled eggs or adding stickers to plastic eggs.
- Make crafts or bake. Online resources like Pinterest are bursting with ideas on easy spring-inspired projects to make. Pick up the supplies and spend time crafting together. Or, celebrate the season by baking and decorating Easter cookies.
- Pick up or plant flowers. Buy an Easter lily for a senior to put on display or plant flowers together to mark the beginning of spring.
- Host a gathering. Keep with traditions and host a holiday brunch. Surprise your loved one with his or her favorite dish.
- Listen to stories of the past. Invite an aging adult to reminisce about past Easters and welcome the new season together.
With Easter comes the promise of warmer temperatures. After months inside, seniors are just as anxious to get outdoors. Autumn’s Promise is set in a tranquil neighborhood, so as the weather warms residents are welcome to take a walk outside or to enjoy the lovely view from the patio.
Come check out our beautiful surroundings and meet our Autumn’s Promise team who are committed to quality care and to make sure every resident feels at home. Call us today at 920-465-1181 to schedule a schedule a free tour.