At Autumn’s Promise, one of the top assisted living facilities in Green Bay, we host a variety of festivities to get residents in the holiday spirit
The holidays are a magical time—loved ones gather to celebrate the season and reminisce of years past. But, for some seniors, the holidays bring a feeling of isolation and loneliness. Christmas often stirs up memories of friends or family lost. It’s also more difficult for them to attend or host parties as they had years ago. At Autumn’s Promise, we bring the holiday fun to our residents with socials, carolers, crafts, movies and more.
In December, Autumn’s Promise likes to hold holiday-themed happy hours with specialty drinks, including RumChata hot chocolate, as well as offer hot chocolate and apple cider socials. Music helps get residents in a seasonal mood so carolers will stop by to sing Christmas favorites. Crafts keep hands busy and offer a perfect opportunity for residents to share cherished memories.
As you plan out your holidays this year, there are plenty of ways for you to include and inspire elders, including:
- Decorate their home or room. Pull out treasured ornaments and set up a small tree—watch as their eyes light up.
- Bring baked goods to savor and share. Baking can be difficult for seniors, so deliver traditional Christmas treats for them to enjoy or share with friends and visitors.
- Create a CD of holiday music. Ask your loved one his or her favorite tunes and put together a custom CD.
- Spend time together. Sometimes all seniors are looking for this time of year is companionship. Listen to their stories. Include them in your festivities—attending a children’s holiday program, driving around to admire Christmas lights or eating Christmas Eve dinner.
- Bring out photos. Look at old photos and walk down memory lane with them. Display favorites for seniors to admire when they are alone.
We understand there are times when you can’t be with an aging loved one but you want to be sure they are happy. Autumn’s Promise not only meets residents’ care needs, but also offers a fun-loving, comfortable environment to help them catch the holiday spirit. Call us today at 920-465-1181 to find out more or to schedule a free tour.