September Newsletter, 2014
August has flown right by! As someone reminded us on August 25th…
There are only 4 months until Christmas!
Last month we enjoyed visiting, bingo, and cookies with the Summer Stretch group from Pilgrim Lutheran! In our September newsletter, we have a lot to share with you. All Residents have successfully tried new ‘socials’ such as orange creamsicles, cupcakes, Hawaiian parties, and s’mores! We have been feeding the birds with our own homemade bird feeders too.
We continue to make posters for others to see our views on a variety of topics. These posters are on display in the activity room. Our favorite creations last month were “no maintenance” Jar Aquariums that are placed throughout the building for viewing!
Autumn’s Promise is excited to be welcoming New Residents and additional Staff in the weeks to come! We continue to invite family and friends to join us for all of our activities, socials and games! Hope to see you sometime this month!
We wish you all a warm and happy end to the Summer!
Dorothy & Roland – September 10th
Special Events-Mark Your Calendars!
September 9 @ 10am – Music with Roger Walburn
September 24 @ 6pm – Family Night
September 30 – Sign-Up Due To Nicole For Flu Vac Clinic
October 7 – Flu Vaccination Clinic
Looking Ahead: October 15 @ 6pm – Family Night: “Name That Musical with John”
Words of Wisdom
Best Travel and Vacation Recommendation
Advice From: Art, Ruth, Roland, Dorothy, Janice, & Pete
- “Always pack snacks but stop at new restaurants on the way!”
- “Take the “super highways” if you want to get there fast!”
- “Always travel by car (unless you have to cross the oceans); it truly is the best way to travel!”
- “If you don’t have to be somewhere in a certain time frame… take the scenic route!”
- “The best vacation recommendation would be to go NORTH; go to WISCONSIN, take all the back roads, country roads, and see the different parts of nature.”
(For additional vacation advice…see the Vacation Poster on the Activity Room Wall)
July Jeopardy Winnings!
TEAM 1: 2000 points
Pete, Shirley, Janice, Donna, Roland, Dorothy, Lorraine S.
TEAM 2: 3200 points
Virginia, Millie, Evelyn, Rose Mary, Art, Ruth
- “Heart of the Matter”: There is always time to tell someone how much we love and appreciate them.
- California Dreamin’ Social: We’ll explore California’s landmarks, discuss vacations to Cali, and enjoy California Raisins while we chat.
- Good Neighbors: We will start building houses, with our own special touches, to begin a neighborhood for our “meet & greet” social in October.
- Fleece Hats & Dog Toys: We will tie fleece hats and fleece dog tug toys to donate to the child’s advocacy and the humane society.
- Wisconsin Outdoor Fun/Survival Success: Last month we discussed a mutual love for Wisconsin! Using wisconsinoutdoorfun.com, we will view pictures of our beloved state and discuss different strategies for survival in the great outdoors.
- Salsa Social: For a fun addition to our socials, we are going to make our own salsa to enjoy with chips and beverages!
- Autumn Social & Fall Book Making: We will enjoy hot apple cider while making an Autumn’s Promise “Book of Fall”.
- Checker Tournament: In honor of National Checker’s Day, we will have our own Checkers Tournament.
- Cookbook Club: We will plan a meal for lunch and supper for Autumns Promise and at our second meet we will begin our “Fall/Winter/Holiday Recipe Book”.
- Healthy Aging: How well are we aging? We’ll find out and ways to improve
- Picture Permission Slips
With signed permission, pictures of Residents will be used for Facebook, newsletters, our webpage and in the facility. You may accept or decline any or all of the above by signing the photo release form. Please return the forms to our office at your earliest convenience.
- FLU VACCINATION CLINIC
Streus’ Pharmacy will be holding a flu vaccination clinic at Autumn’s Promise on October 7, 2014. Please notify Nicole, no later then September 30, 2014, you wishes to participate!
Yes, we are on Facebook! Updates include Lola’s training, employee spotlight, interesting articles on seniors and senior related topics and of course, pictures of events and projects!
“Like” us on Facebook Today!
If you, or someone you know, are a part of a group or volunteer organization that would like to join us for bingo, intense cribbage, beautiful paintings, and more – please contact Sam, Ginger, or Nicole! We and our Residents would love to have you join us!
Is the month of…
Classical Music – Square Dance – Self-Improvement – Healthy Aging – Wilderness – Prostate Cancer Awareness
National Celebrated Weeks in September
09/07-09/14: Assisted Living Week
09/21-09/27: Active Aging Week
JOIN US ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 AT 6PM FOR FAMILY NIGHT!
WE WILL BE HAVING A GUEST SPEAKER ON THE TOPICS OF ADVANCE DIRECTIVES AND UNDER-UTILIZED HOSPICE BENEFITS!
WE WILL HAVE SNACKS AND BEVERAGES!